It’s the most wonderful time of the year…at least for fall fashion that is! It’s finally that time friends, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 starts this Thursday for cardholders and for the public on July 21st!!! I seriously cannot contain my excitement. I am a fall baby so therefore I LOVE fall fashion! In today’s post, I will be talking about what the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is, my tips, and what is on my shopping list. So kick back with your coffee or rosé and let’s get to chatting! =)
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, or how you will see it on Instagram #NSale, is a sale that features major markdowns on fall fashion pieces! The early access sale, which is for Nordstrom cardholders only, starts July 13th and then the sale opens up to the public on July 21st. The sale ends August 6th.
Why should you shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
These markdowns are all on the new fall items that Nordstrom will be getting for Fall 2017! That’s right your read correctly! Markdowns on NEW fall items!! The best part is, that there are no promo codes! You see the anniversary sale price right on the tag below the original price. Once the sale is over all of these pieces return to their original price. So, it’s best to get all of these fall pieces during the sale! I know what you are thinking, we are in the middle of summer. I tend to stock up on all my fall fashion pieces during the sale because you won’t be able to find these amazing markdowns during the actual fall time! My motto for this sale, buy now wear later!
Shopping in store vs. online shopping
I go back and forth with this one, haha! I love going in store and picking out all the items and then having a huge try on session. Now, I feel like I will still do that but I will for sure be on my computer Thursday at midnight online shopping! Especially, since Nordstrom gives you the option of picking up your items at your local Nordstrom! It’s so nice just to walk in and simply be handed your goodies!! Plus, online usually has more size selection than the stores.
What are the big ticket items?
A lot of things are going to sell out fast, so if you want something I suggest you buy it asap! Trust me, I learned the hard way! Here are some of the items I consider the big-ticket items that will sell out the fastest! Tory Burch riding boots, suede booties, faux fur vests, Hunter boots, cardigans, and suede moto jackets!
My Tips for your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Shopping Trip
- Look through your fall wardrobe and decide what you need to add. This inventory will be your secret weapon.
- Take a look at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog to take a peek at what will be a part of the sale. That way if you like any of these items they will be on your radar.
- In addition to looking at the catalog, I would definitely check out some bloggers Instagram or blogs that have even earlier access to the sale. They will most likely get the stuff we all want to be rocking this Fall!
- Know your sizing in clothing and shoes. I know kind of a no brainer but just to be on the safe side especially with stuff selling out so fast.
- If any of the items on your list are items that sell out quickly, make it a priority to buy those first. Nordstrom offers free shipping and free returns!
- If you are curious to see what I bought last year watch my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Haul & Try On video!
My Shopping List
Here are the things I am looking to add to my Fall wardrobe!
- Tory Burch Riding Boots ( I’ve always wanted a pair!)
- Suede booties
- Faux fur vest (I have been wanting one ever since last year!)
- Oatmeal/ Grey Cardigan
- Suede Moto Jacket
- A floppy hat
- Blouses + Flannels
Can you tell I am excited about the sale? Let me know if you are planning to shop and what you are shopping for! -xo Ana