“Someday we’ll know why Samson loved Dalilah” and someday real real soon we’ll know why Michael loves Ana! I know, a bit chessy, but hey what can I say all this wedding planning gives me a pass to be chessy! I finally have a wedding related post for y’all! I am so happy to be able to share with y’all some photos from our engagement shoot! Grab a cup of coffee and get ready for some engagement photos and some tips for your engagement shoot!! Also, comment down below if any of you know where that song lyric was from! =)
We took our engagement photos in two different locations! I personally wanted to take our photos somewhere with lots of greenery! Since we are getting married at a vineyard and I am incorporating hints of greenery into my wedding this was very important to me. For all of my bay area girls, I took my dressy pictures at a trail by Taylor Middle School in Millbrae and I took my casual pictures in Redwood Shores, by the Pullman Hotel. I always knew I wanted to take two types of engagement photos, dressy and casual! I think it gives you great pictures to have. A huge thank you to my sister for capturing these moments!
Engagement Shoot Tips
- Plan your outfits to coordinate but don’t wear the same color.
- Don’t wear pieces that are too trendy, you want these photos to be timeless
- With that said, if you do have a dressy engagement shoot, be EXTRA with your dress.
- Schedule your shoot at golden hour (two hours before sunset).
- If you are looking to save money, have a friend or family member take your photos
- To feel more comfortable, try incorporating props into your photos.
- Pick a location that is similar to your wedding location or season so they coordinate with your wedding day when these photos are on display
- Look at Pinterest for inspiration and show these pictures to your photographer
- Have fun!
I hope y’all enjoyed this post and I’ll see you next time! -xoxo Ana